Applicants to the certificate program must:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Have a strong interest in serving in a leadership position
- Have some familiarity with the long-term healthcare management field
The certificate program is a 12 credit graduate program that consists of two basic components:
- One 3 credit course in Management of Long-Term Healthcare Organizations (HCMI 5549)
- A 9 credit (900 hour) supervised internship (HCMI 5632)
The three credit course is offered each semester in Hartford at the School’s Graduate Business Learning Center on Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.