Healthcare organizations often possess large amounts of data but do not necessarily have the analytical tools to correctly use these data for clinical or business purposes. Healthcare analytics is the systematic use of data to drive evidenced-based decision making in clinical and business settings. It involves the application of statistical tools and modeling techniques to healthcare-related data as a way of improving the quality and efficiency of clinical and business operations and outcomes.
This graduate-level certificate is offered in conjunction with UConn’s Operations and Information Management Department.
|Locations||UConn Graduate Business Learning Center
|Length||Four courses (12 credits)|
|Term||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Course Fees||Commensurate with Part-time MBA course fees|
|HSMG 5240||Introduction to Healthcare Management|
|HSMG 5243||Health Care Economics*|
|Choice of two from the following:|
|OPIM 5604||Predictive Modeling|
|OPIM 5641||Business Decision Modeling|
|OPIM 5671||Data Mining and Business Intelligence|
|OPIM 5271||Business Process Modeling and Data Management|
* The Finance pre-requisite is waived for this certificate
Applicants must fulfill one of the following requirements
- Graduate degree (Ph.D., MD, JD, Master’s) from a fully-accredited university or college
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution AND be a working professional in the areas related to health care, insurance, data processing and management.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed by the Admissions Committee to the Part-time MBA Program at the Hartford campus.
Please review the Application Instructions before starting your application.
- Laine Kingo, Senior Advising & Compliance Specialist
- Part-time MBA Program & Graduate Business Certificates
- (860) 728-2442